Probate/Estate Administration

facebook  linkedin

Contact Us

Stephanie Mudgett Boates, P.C.
A Houston Probate Attorney

5177 Richmond Avenue
Suite 505

Houston, TX 77056-6775

Telephone: 281-584-0034
Toll Free: 800-256-0523
Fax: 281-584-0036

Map and Directions
Contact Us

Houston Guardianship and Special Needs Planning Attorney

Guardianship and Special Needs Planning Services

It can be hard to care for someone who is unable to care for themselves. But there are ways that you can watch over someone and provide for them that will help ease your concerns.
Located in Houston, Texas, Attorney Stephanie Mudgett Boates, provides knowledgeable guardianship and special needs planning services to clients in Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County and contiguous counties. Contact the firm to speak with Houston Guardianship Attorney Stephanie Mudgett Boates.


Minor children without a guardian, a special needs child, a disabled or incapacitated adult, or an elderly parent suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia are just a few of the situations that may necessitate a guardianship. The firm can seek a guardianship appointment for a qualified person and help facilitate the ongoing guardianship matter once established.

  • Guardian of the Person - The guardian is a family member or other interested person seeking appointment by the court through the guardianship petition. Once appointed, the guardian is responsible for the physical care, control, medical attention, protection and all the basic needs of the disabled or incapacitated person.
  • Guardian of the Estate - The guardian is responsible for managing the assets and financial affairs of the disabled or incapacitated person's estate.

If there are multiple people seeking the guardianship appointment, the firm can help resolve the contested matter with the protected person's best interest in mind.

To speak with a Houston Guardianship Lawyer, contact Stephanie Mudgett Boates.

Stephanie Mudgett Boates, P.C., represents clients in the cities of Houston, Memorial, Bellaire, Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg, Cypress, Spring, Conroe, Tomball and Galveston and in the following counties: Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County and Waller County.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.